COVID-19 Update:

To maintain social distancing, we have modified the ways we distribute food through all of our programs:

  • Our onsite pantry is now a drive-through model. Please remain in your car, and our staff and volunteers will load food into your trunk.
  • Our mobile pantries and senior program, Elder Share, provide prepackaged boxes of food.
  • We continue to serve residents of Boulder County and Broomfield County; please bring a photo ID and proof of address in order to enroll.

As a reminder to all of our program participants, please send a friend, family member, or neighbor on your behalf, if any of the following are true:

For FAQs and more information related to these changes, please refer to this page:

Para la traducción al español de esta informaciónhaga clic aquí.

For Families with Children

Feeding Families

Feeding Families is Community Food Share’s onsite pantry. If you have a child on free or reduced lunch, you may fill a cart with fresh produce, milk and pantry items, free of charge, once a week. Families receiving WIC benefits or with a child attending Boulder County Head Start or Wild Plum Center are also welcome weekly.

Please Note: If you are an adult without children (and therefore ineligible for our Feeding Families program), food is available to you twice per month through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). Find out more.

Wednesdays-Fridays         9:00 AM-3:00 PM

Feeding Families will close in the event of inclement weather — for details, please review our inclement weather policy, located on the last tab. We also close on most national holidays. For a complete list of holiday closures, click here.

Feeding Families at Community Food Share
650 S. Taylor Avenue
Louisville, CO 80027
(303) 652-3663

Bring a letter from the school district, WIC, or Head Start, photo identification, and proof of address in Boulder County or Broomfield County. Print and complete our enrollment form ahead of time or at Community Food Share when you arrive. If you enroll during Feeding Families shopping hours, you may get food at the same time. You will be asked to update your information once a year if you continue with the program.

Enrollment Form
Forma de Inscripción

If both the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain Valley School Districts are closed, then Community Food Share will also close for the day. If only one of the two school districts closes, then we will evaluate the need to close on a case-by-case basis. We may be open in those circumstances with a skeleton crew, and limited services. Whenever possible, we will leave a message on our Facebook page and on our voice mail system letting callers know if we are closed. Call (303) 652-3663.

Mobile Pantries
Bimonthly Food
Food Finder Map

To learn about more resources for food assistance (including SNAP/food stamps, WIC, school lunch programs, and resources outside of Boulder and Broomfield Counties), click here.


Frequently Asked Questions: Feeding Families

Feeding Families is open Wednesdays-Fridays, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM.

You may receive food once a week through the Feeding Families program.

  • Photo identification
  • Proof of Residence in Boulder County or Broomfield County
  • Current free or reduced lunch letter from Boulder Valley, St. Vrain Valley or Adams 12 Five Star School District or an eligibility letter from an approved organization. Boulder County Head Start, Wild Plum Center, WIC’s Supplemental Nutrition Program and some pregnancy centers and other small programs provide referral letters for Feeding Families.

If you are collecting TEFAP monthly food items, please bring:

  • Enrollment card
  • Photo identification
  • Proof of Residence in Boulder or Broomfield County

If you are shopping for Feeding Families and not collecting TEFAP food items, please bring:

  • Enrollment card
  • Photo identification
  • Driver’s license
  • State issued photo identification
  • School, university, or college identification card
  • US or foreign passport
  • Matricula consular
  • Temporary Resident Card
  • Alien Registration Receipt or Permanent Resident Card
  • Employment Authorization Card
  • Colorado Temporary Driver’s License

The proof of address should be in your own name and no more than three months old. Here are some options:

  • Utility, phone, or medical bill
  • Lease
  • Insurance documents
  • Bank statements

If you need to apply for free or reduced lunch:

  • Boulder Valley Schools: apply online through Infinite Campus. Paper applications are available at the Food Services Office at 6500 E. Arapahoe Road in Boulder. Call (720) 561-5042 for more details.
  • St. Vrain Valley Schools:
  • Adams 12 Schools:


If you need a copy of a lunch letter you received previously:

  • Boulder Valley Schools: Sign into your Infinite Campus account and look in messages. If you still cannot find your letter, call (720) 561-5042.
  • St. Vrain Valley Schools: Call (303) 702-7793
  • Adams 12 Schools: Call (720) 972-4195 or email

Yes, you can apply for free or reduced lunch in your local school district even if your child does not attend a public school in the district.

If you live in the Boulder Valley School District, call (303) 447-1010 to request a Family Survey Form. If you live in the St. Vrain Valley or Adams 12 Five Star School District, apply at

  • Boulder County Head Start in Boulder or Lafayette
  • Wild Plum Center in Longmont
  • Boulder County or Broomfield County WIC offices for families with a mother or child participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children

You may continue to participate in Feeding Families as long as you have a family member in free or reduced lunch, WIC, Head Start, Wild Plum, or another qualifying program. You will be asked to update your enrollment and verify eligibility every school year.

Feeding Families allows families with school-age and young children to receive groceries once per week. All of the food offered comes from Community Food Share directly.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is open to individuals with and without children twice per month. It provides access to food offered by Community Food Share as well as extra food provided through the US government’s TEFAP program.

Feeding Families participants are welcome to access the extra TEFAP items once per month. Please bring photo identification and proof of address when you want to collect TEFAP items.

Regardless of what school your child attends, you must live in Boulder County or Broomfield County to participate in the Feeding Families program. If your home is in Boulder County or Broomfield County and your child attends a school in another county, you may bring a free or reduced lunch letter from the food service department in your child’s school district.

Your account will remain active if you complete an enrollment form, provide a current eligibility letter, and verify your address in Boulder County or Broomfield County each school year. Please call (303) 652-3663 if you have additional questions.

You may designate one friend or family member to shop on your behalf. We call this person a “Proxy.” Ask a staff member to add your Proxy’s name and date of birth to your account. Your Proxy will need to provide your date of birth when they shop.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Click here for details.

For questions about Feeding Families, please contact us at:
(303) 652-3663