COVID-19 Update:

To promote social distancing, we are modifying the ways we distribute food through all of our programs:

  • Our onsite pantry is now a drive-through model. Please remain in your car, and our staff and volunteers will load food into your trunk or backseat.
  • Our mobile pantries and senior program, Elder Share, will distribute prepackaged boxes of food.
  • We continue to serve residents of Boulder County and Broomfield County; all other eligibility requirements (including documentation) are waived at this time (USDA programs excluded).

As a reminder to all of our program participants, please send a friend, family member, or neighbor on your behalf, if any of the following are true:

  • You are not feeling well
  • You are experiencing fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough
  • You (or anyone in your household) has traveled internationally or been on a cruise in the last 30 days, or have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled internationally or taken a cruise in the last 30 days

For FAQs and more information related to these changes, please refer to this page:

Para la traducción al español de esta informaciónhaga clic aquí.

Elder Share: Food for Seniors

Elder Share provides groceries, free of charge, to low-income seniors in Boulder and Broomfield Counties twice per month. Every senior receives fresh produce, cheese, and a variety of pantry items. Some of the food provided through Elder Share comes from the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), a government program that supports seniors nationally.

If you are a caregiver or you have an elderly family member, you can register and/or pick up food on behalf of a senior.

You are eligible for the Elder Share program if: (1) you are 60 years of age or older; (2) you live in Boulder County or Broomfield County; and (3) your household income is at or below the following:

Maximum Monthly Income:

  • One-Person Household: $1,383
  • Two-Person Household: $1,868
  • Three-Person Household: $2,353

Submit the following materials by mail or in person to Community Food Share (650 S. Taylor Avenue, Louisville, CO 80027):

The process takes up to 30 days from the time an application is accepted until an individual receives food. If you have additional questions, please call (303) 652-3663.

Our staff will work with you individually to determine the best Elder Share location for you. Once you have been accepted into the Elder Share program, you will receive a welcome letter and a calendar with distribution times. Please call (303) 652-3663 or email if you have questions.

Elder Share sites will be closed if both the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain Valley School Districts are closed. If only one of the two school districts closes or weather conditions are dangerous (e.g. thunderstorm, icy roads, etc.), please call Community Food Share at (303) 652-3663 to find out whether our Elder Share sites will remain open. Whenever possible, we will leave a message on our Facebook page and website’s homepage.

Mobile Pantries
Bimonthly Food
Food Finder Map

To learn about more resources for food assistance (including SNAP/food stamps, WIC, school lunch programs, and resources outside of Boulder and Broomfield Counties), click here.

Frequently Asked Questions: Elder Share

Fresh and canned fruits and vegetables; soups, stews, canned meats, or peanut butter; pasta or rice; cheese; shelf stable milk; and juice.
Our staff will work with you individually to determine the best Elder Share location for you. Please call (303) 652-3663 or email
You may apply on behalf of your family member. Please see the “How to Apply” tab above for instructions on how to do so.
A caregiver can apply on behalf of a senior, but you must include a completed proxy form and a power of attorney with the other application materials. Please see the “How to Apply” tab above for instructions on how to enroll.
You may use:

  • Driver’s license
  • State issued photo identification card
  • School, university, or college identification card
  • US or foreign passport
  • Matricula consular
  • Temporary Resident Card
  • Alien Registration Receipt or Permanent Resident Card
  • Employment Authorization Card
  • Colorado Temporary Driver’s License

The proof of address should be in your own name and no more than three months old.  Here are some options:

  • Utility, Phone, or Medical bill
  • Lease
  • Insurance documents
  • Bank statements
The process takes up to 30 days from the time an application is accepted until an individual receives food.

Participants will need to verify their address and income annually. You do not need to provide any additional paperwork.
You may designate a friend or family member to collect food on your behalf. Both of you will need to sign a proxy form and return it to Community Food Share. Proxy forms are good up to a full calendar year, and they are available to download from the “How to Apply” tab above.
Unfortunately, no. Once you enroll at a specific location, you need to continue at the same location until you make a long-term change with Community Food Share’s staff. Please call (303) 652-3663 to discuss your options.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides foods for the Commodity Supplemental Food Program. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Click here for details.

For questions about Elder Share, please contact us at:
(303) 652-3663