Life can get hard — and when it does, we’ll always be here to support you when you need it the most. Explore the services we offer below to find the best one for your situation.
Community Food Share’s Services
FAQs: Getting Food
If you are in need of food today and aren’t sure where to go, Community Food Share can help. Call us at (303) 652-3663, or visit our Food Finder Map to find a resource near you.
- Feeding Families onsite food pantry for individuals, families, and anyone else in need. Find out more.
- Elder Share for eligible seniors at various locations in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Find out more.
- Mobile pantries for individuals and families. Mobile pantries are located at various outdoor locations on specific days and times. Find out more.
- Referrals to food resources throughout Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Call Community Food Share at (303) 652-3663 or use our Food Finder Map to find a meal program or food pantry near you.
We unfortunately do not have the capacity to offer a delivery service; however, if you are homebound, the following resources may be helpful to you:
- Via Mobility picks up groceries from Community Food Share’s programs, and will deliver them to you at home. Please note that this is limited to residents of Boulder and Broomfield Counties. You need to qualify for Via’s services to access this option. You must coordinate this delivery service directly with Via: call (303) 447-2848, and press 0 to speak with their receptionist. You must call one day in advance to schedule these.
- Meals on Wheels offers meal delivery. To find the program serving your neighborhood, click here.
- RTD’s Access-a-Ride is offering grocery pick-up in response to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency, free of charge to their customers’ homes — including groceries from Community Food Share’s onsite and mobile pantries. For information on Access-a-Ride and to see if you qualify for their services, visit the website. You must call one day in advance to schedule these trips.
- Carry-Out Caravan by Cultivate offers free assistance with grocery ordering, purchasing, and delivering for Boulder and Broomfield County residents, ages 60+. For details, click here.
- If you qualify for our Elder Share program (60+ years old), some Elder Share locations offer home delivery to those with transportation or mobility challenges.
Individuals who choose to visit our onsite pantry can select which items they would like to take home based on the items we have available that day.
At offsite programs such as Elder Share and Mobile Pantry, participants are also able to select from whatever items are available that day. Some mobile pantry locations operate as a drive-through, and participants are able to converse with volunteers on their food selections while remaining in their car.
My child(ren) receive(s) meals at school. What resources are available through the school districts?
In addition to Community Food Share’s programs, as well as other food pantries and meal programs normally available in our community, each school district is offering free meals to families. Click below for information by district:
Someone in my household has dietary restrictions (vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, etc.). Can I receive a custom food selection?
Our current offering contains a variety of items (including fresh produce) that your household should be able to consume, including those with dietary restrictions.
Use our Food Finder Map to find a meal program or food pantry near you.
If you live outside of Boulder County or Broomfield County, you can use this tool to find your local food bank.
Yes, you are welcome to come to Community Food Share AND use other community resources. You can search for other charitable organizations with our Food Finder Map.
No, shopping at Community Food Share will not impact your SNAP benefits in any way.
More Resources for Food Assistance
There are many meal and assistance programs available to help you, including SNAP, WIC, Meals on Wheels, and more. Get more information on these programs here.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Click here for details.