Celebrate 40 Years with 40 Acts of Kindness
This year marks Community Food Share’s 40th anniversary — that’s four decades of working together to end hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Celebrate our anniversary with us through our 40 Acts Forward Community Challenge! We’re encouraging everyone to “pay it forward” by doing 40 acts of kindness in 2021.
We’ve provided interactive ways for you, your family, friends, businesses, faith-based groups, and educational institutions to engage with our community partners and with us. There’s something for every age and every ability — all to build a stronger, happier community.
Need Some Ideas? Click the Boxes Below.
Lend a Hand in Your Community
- Volunteer at one of our Partner Agencies.
- Tip servers, delivery drivers, and service providers extra.
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood, in your favorite park, or on your favorite hiking trail.
- Send cards to nursing homes or participants of our Elder Share program.
Help Community Food Share End Hunger
- Make a financial contribution. Give individually, create an individual fundraising page, or a team fundraising page.
- Volunteer at Community Food Share: one hour of volunteering helps provide 90 meals!
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser.
- Host a virtual food drive.
- Grow a row and donate produce to Community Food Share.
- Hold an in-person or virtual presentation to inform others about food insecurity.
- Refer a friend to Community Food Share’s programs.
- Share a Community Food Share social media post. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Film a video about why you support Community Food Share, and tag us on social media.
- Write down five times you were on the receiving end of an act of kindness. Send a card to thank them.
- Create a gratitude jar. Write down when someone does something kind and place it into the jar.
- Notice all of the acts of kindness around you. Even if you aren’t the recipient, go out of your way to see kindness everywhere you look.
Join the Challenge
Sign up today to pledge to commit 40 acts of kindness in 2021 and every time you hold the door open for a stranger or take care of someone else’s chores, you’ll be one act closer to completing your goal and making our community a better place.
Sign up as an individual or team for the 40 Acts Forward challenge! By registering online, you’ll be able to track your acts of kindness and raise funds for Community Food Share all in one convenient place.
Make it Social
Another way to keep track of your acts is by sharing on social media! When you post about the challenge, use the hashtag #40ActsForward for a chance to be featured on Community Food Share’s channels.